- This event has passed.
Bedford Art Camp
August 24 @ 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 12:30 pm on Tuesday and Thursday, repeating until August 26, 2021
One event on August 13, 2021 at 12:30 pm
One event on August 25, 2021 at 12:30 pm
The cost is $150 per registration. For those who cannot attend the full camp, individual kits including materials, inspirational images, and instruction sheets can be purchased for $20/kit with a specified date and project title. Click here to visit the camps/workshops page of the website to download the list of projects and materials by day to order your $20 art kit.
This year’s ten-day art camp will explore a variety of materials on Tuesdays and Thursdays in August from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. The dates are every Tuesday and Thursday plus a few extra days, for the following schedule: August 3rd, 5th, 10th, 12th, 13th, 17th, 19th, 24th, 25th, and 26th.
· August 3rd – Day 1: Victorian Era people drawing/painting.
· August 5th – Day 2: Australian Aboriginal Lizard
· August 10th – Day 3: Picasso-esk Face
· August 12th – Day 4: African Silhouette
· August 13th – Day 5: Van Gogh Sunflower
· August 17th – Day 6: Frida Kahlo Portrait
· August 19th – Day 7: Llama Painting
· August 24th – Day 8: Painted Newspaper Flowers
· August 25th – Day 9: Paper Mache Jewelry Making Part I (based off of current exhibition)
· August 26th – Day 10: Paper Mache Jewelry Making Part II (based off current exhibition)
This camp will delight students ages 6 – 12, as they learn a basic understanding of art materials. The cost for the full-day camp is $150 per child, which includes all materials and snacks. In-person reservations are limited to 20 students. Registration should be received no later than July 26th at https://www.sama-art.org/event-list. Every day the lessons are created as a kit if the in-person experience is not possible.